Dr. Mary Davis, DO, IFMCP
As the founder and medical director of SuMa Medicine, a leading functional medicine practice in the greater Pittsburgh area, I specialize in treating the root cause of disease and dysfunction. Specifically, my practice focuses on chronic illness, autoimmune disease, mold toxicity, reproductive health, and optimizing total health and well-being.
Although I received conventional training in emergency and internal medicine, I am also certified in functional medicine by the Institute for Functional Medicine. This certification ensures that I am one of the most thoroughly trained and tested functional medicine doctors in my field.
While I have witnessed the life-saving wonders of modern medicine, I have also seen many patients suffering from chronic conditions without answers or relief from the cause of their illness. Unfortunately, chronic illness is on the rise, and diagnosis of diseases such as autoimmune disorders, environmental and food allergies, heart disease, diabetes, chronic fatigue syndrome, mood disorders, and autism are also increasing at an alarming rate.
Conventional medicine often focuses on mitigating and suppressing symptoms rather than investigating and treating the root causes of illness. In contrast, my approach is personalized to each client’s unique needs since imbalances and symptoms can manifest from many different causes.
Working together, our goal is to investigate the underlying causes of illness and create a path forward that we both believe will lead to better health and wellness.
Licenses & Certifications
- International Functional Medicine, Certified Practitioner
- West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Board Certification
- International Society for Environmentally Acquired Illness, Full Member
- Pennsylvania Licensed Medical Acupuncturist
- Medical Qigong Therapy
- West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
- Allegheny General Hospital Emergency–Medicine/Internal Medicine Residency Program
Ready for a holistic, natural approach to your health and wellness?
Talk With Dr. Mary Davis about your current health and goals.