Dr. Mary Davis, DO, IFMCP
As the founder and medical director of SuMa Medicine, a leading functional medicine practice in the greater Pittsburgh area, I specialize in treating the root cause of disease and dysfunction. Specifically, my practice focuses on chronic illness, autoimmune disease, mold toxicity, reproductive health, and optimizing total health and well-being.
Although I received conventional training in emergency and internal medicine, I am also certified in functional medicine by the Institute for Functional Medicine. This certification ensures that I am one of the most thoroughly trained and tested functional medicine doctors in my field.
While I have witnessed the life-saving wonders of modern medicine, I have also seen many patients suffering from chronic conditions without answers or relief from the cause of their illness. Unfortunately, chronic illness is on the rise, and diagnosis of diseases such as autoimmune disorders, environmental and food allergies, heart disease, diabetes, chronic fatigue syndrome, mood disorders, and autism are also increasing at an alarming rate.
Conventional medicine often focuses on mitigating and suppressing symptoms rather than investigating and treating the root causes of illness. In contrast, my approach is personalized to each client’s unique needs since imbalances and symptoms can manifest from many different causes.
Working together, our goal is to investigate the underlying causes of illness and create a path forward that we both believe will lead to better health and wellness.
Beyond my medical residency training, as well as the certification through The Institute for Functional Medicine, I continue to expand my knowledge to better help patients. My mentors/educators include:
- Dr. Neil Nathan – https://neilnathanmd.com/
- Dr. William Walsh – https://www.walshinstitute.org/
- Dr. Jil Crista – https://drcrista.com/
- Dr. Datis Karrazhian – https://kharrazianinstitute.com/
- Dr. Sam Yanuck – https://cogenceimmunology.com/
- Dr. Regina Druz/Integrative Cardiology-Holistic Heart Centers/Statin Over Prescribing Solutions –https://holisticheartcenters.com/
Licenses & Certifications
- International Functional Medicine, Certified Practitioner
- West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Board Certification
- International Society for Environmentally Acquired Illness, Full Member
- Pennsylvania Licensed Medical Acupuncturist
- Medical Qigong Therapy
- West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
- Allegheny General Hospital Emergency–Medicine/Internal Medicine Residency Program
We need to celebrate and support people who are ill because they’re the canaries in the coal mine. They’re the ones who are showing us that our society is out of balance, and we need to thank them for taking that on and doing it for the rest of us. All of us need to celebrate in their healing, because if not for them, where would we be? We’re all responsible for whatever ails them. We have the responsibility to contribute to their healing journey for everyone’s benefit.
Dr. Lewis Mehl-Madrona, Lakota psychiatrist and physician.
Ready for a holistic, natural approach to your health and wellness?
Talk With Dr. Mary Davis about your current health and goals.